Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 45" TV console with a rear projection tube. I have

Customer Question

I have a 45" TV console with a rear projection tube.
I have a 45" TV Console with a rear projection tube. For the last few days I have been turning it on and just getting loud snow . Yesterday I just pushed buttons ill it corrected itself. Today nothing. What is happening and what can I do?
for
f
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Can you get me the model number off the back of the Mits please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Also does the set ever shut itself down? If so, does the Timer light start to blink on the set when this occurs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Aric the model# ***** ***** Leslie
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply Leslie.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO AND NO
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

OK.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 4 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still having the same problem please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If so, then this is a hardware failure in the TV- and was what prompted the issue to occur before- when you fixed it by pressing some buttons. To check for sure- press MENU on the TV and let me know if the MENU displays on the screen as it should.