Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Phippips 55 inch TV, model 55PFL3907/F7 that the

Customer Question

I have a Phippips 55 inch TV, model 55PFL3907/F7 that the screen will go blank, but sound still on. I tap the back in the middle and it comes back on. I have been doing this more and more lately to keep it working. I can isolate the spot in the back by touching, but the fix is working less and less.........sounds like something loose in the back......any ideas, I am handy and can work on it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry you had to wait because the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

This is very likely bad/cracking solder joints on the Power supply board. Take the back off the tv, remove the power board, inspect the solder joints on the back of the board, re-solder any suspected bad joints. Spotting bad solder joints requires very sharp eyes or magnifying glasses.

I am here to help you. If you need more assistance please reply back here and before we go any further, be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,