Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a vizio xvt3 D650sv with a problem that would come a

Customer Question

I have a vizio xvt3 D650sv with a problem that would come a go at first but now it is all the time. The left half side of the picture is distorted and has a deep red tint. When this started it would clear up after the set set was on for about 30 minutes. Now it's all the time.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand this is not a DLP set- it's an LED set. Now can you please tell me how long you've owned this set for? Also if you grab the original Vizio remote and press MENU- does the MENU also appear distorted on one side?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The menu is a little distorted at the top. When I change settings in the menu it displays the new setting but the previous setting slowly fades away.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. The fact that the MENU itself is also affected indicates that the issue is hardware related and requires attention to the TV. Can you please tell me how long you've owned the set for and when this problem occurred?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Also is the right hand side of the screen a perfect half- with no issues? In other words is the screen essentially perfect on the right- then split and distorted on the left?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the right side is almost perfect. I have had the set for about 3 years. The problem started about 4 months ago and got worse over time. I went ahead and bought a new TV and moved this one to a bed room. This problem was intermittent until about 2 weeks ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. The issue with the set is either the LCD controller board or the panel itself- there are no quick fixes for this. I would need to know with certainty if the right side is perfectly normal- or better yet- could you post a picture of the screen? The details are actually paramount in determining if the issue is repairable (the T-Con) or the LED panel itself is the cause (not repairable).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I have to run, but haven't heard a reply back as to whether you're looking to repair this yourself? Please postback and let me know where you'd like to proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to hook it back up the the cable. I took 2 pictures. The problem is 2/3 of the screen now.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, we don't actually need it hooked to cable- I need to see a picture of the screen with the TV's MENU pulled up please. Post the pictures here using the attachment icon (paperclip) and upload them from a PC or Laptop.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.