Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My tv screen just turned dim. What can I do?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I do not use the phone call option sorry I dont consider it ant benefit

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot take the TV off the wall to see the model number. I'm old and have no help. It is a smart TV and has been wonderful. Can I order a lamp or something?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is that dim?or is that dim too?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anthony, I accessed the menu and went to "display" It is also very dim, but there is a lot of owner information including Server receiver Number and Server Access Card.??? Does any of this help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is dim also, but if I get close to the set, I can read it. Let me know if you are still there???
Georgia

Georgia its JUST the menu I am intereted in not what it does so if you look at the menu is the menu display itself dim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is dim, also, Anthony.

Georgia how old is the set please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know for sure..4 or 5 years??

Georgia without the model number I do not know if the set is a plasma or a LCD set but it definitely has a problem with one of the boards in the set itself so I am guessing your not in a position to do anything about that yourself so you will need to contact a tech www.tvrepairpros.com <<<click this

I am sorry it is not something easier let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anthony, I think the set is LCD. I'm sure it is not plasma. Can I order a replacement lamp?

It wont have a lamp particularly if the set is on the wall, LCD sets do not have lamps they have boards, its only projection TVs that have lamps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get a new board for this TV? Do I need to get a new TV? How much will it cost for a technician to come?

Georgia I am guessing but I do not think its within your scope to replace a board in the set, the set will need to come off the wall and be dis-mantled, the TV may be repairable however 5 years is considered "old" for a modern TV so it may be in your interests to just replace it, you could call out a tech but expect a call out fee of $100 thats before work and parts

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the technician website you send. The mailbox is full and when I click on "Request Service" it comes back with gibberish nonsense.

Try www.tvrepairman.com <<click