Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 42 in Plasma Panasonic tv. None of the HDMI inputs

Customer Question

I have a 42 in Plasma Panasonic tv. None of the HDMI inputs work. I am guessing from surge recently. How difficult are these to replace?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is ***** I was on EBAY. Is their a HDMI input board I can replace.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

The board is very easy to replace its an plug in board held to the chassis by about 4 screws and yes HDMI failure is a very common issue with modern sets, your country of posting has not come up but I am guessing you are in the US so what you need to do is this

You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the partnumber to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again

Regards
Anthony

Only use ebay as a very last resort

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the quick response. I called ShopJimmy and they no longer will be carrying this part. Any other vendors you suggest.

You do need to use the part-number found on the board itself you can't use the model number as there are 5 variants of this board all none interchangeable, when you get that google the part-number vendors will appear

Let me know if you need more help

Anthony