Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

Why is my TC-P65S60 blinking 8times

Customer Question

Why is my TC-P65S60 blinking 8times
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

You have an internal issue. I can help you discover which board is causing the problem. You would need basic tools and a multimeter. Is that something you have available? Let me know and we can continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to the multimeter
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, we do need one to measure resistance and voltages. You can get a cheap one from home depot for under $25.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

FYI, the 8 blinks normally indicates something going on with the SS board. I can walk you through the diagnosis process. You will need to remove the back from the TV.

Let me know when you are ready.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have the multimeter
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am sorry for the delay. I was away for the weekend. Sorry about that.

The first thing I need you to do is to check the screws holding the SS board and make sure they are not loose. Then make sure that the connectors on the far right of the SS board that connect to the plasma panel are not loose. >>>CLICK HERE<<< to see which board is the SS board.

If all is good, with the TV unplugged, disconnect the connector labeled SS33 and then turn on the TV and press the power button.

Tell me what happens.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Did we get anywhere with this testing? Let me know.