Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

TV is starting to show jagged words at times and sometimes

Customer Question

TV is starting to show jagged words at times and sometimes turning it on then off fixes it but then again sometimes it takes a full reset from the menu to fix it. Sometimes I have to turn it off and back on several times to just get a picture to see the menu to reset it. It used to have a "click" when it turns on and now sometimes I don't hear that click but when I do a reset it definitely has a click. I was trying to upgrade the firmware to see if that would help but in the end I want to figure out which part or parts is most likely causing the issue since I can replace most any of the boards and some minor soldering. I'm also trying to find the newest firmware to try and upgrade that also.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?