Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have 4 Vizio TVs. One has a cable box, the others do not.

Customer Question

I have 4 Vizio TVs. One has a cable box, the others do not. The one with the box is working, the others are not. The channel number appears in the upper right corner but there is no programming, picture or sound. I called Time Warner and they said there was nothing they could do unless the tvs had devices (boxes) hooked up to them. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

You can try doing a auto scan or auto channel search on those tv's, but it is not likely to help. The reason is, Time Warner is now encrypting all the channels. What that means is, your tv tuner won't be able to view the channels unless you connect a Time Warner adapter between the each cable outlet and each tv. Even if this worked before, they are constantly rolling this into each neighborhood on a regular schedule until every home is affected. Bot***** *****ne is, you will have to go to Time Warner and get the adapter for every tv.

CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT TIME WARNER DTA REQUIREMENTS

Regardless of what you decide to do with your tv's, please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,