Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Our hd tv has no sound. Sometimes it does when we turn the

Customer Question

Our hd tv has no sound. Sometimes it does when we turn the tv on. Sometimes it doesn't
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I need bit more details to troubleshoot the sound problem in TV so please reply with following info and do not rate this response at this time..

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I need to go offline now so let me give a suggestion that might help to resolve the TV sound issue.

If TV is hooked to cable box and sound problem occurs when watch cable channel then please unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn them On, rebooting the cable box may take several minutes then check sound of TV.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

If problem still persist then I'll reply you after few hours as I'm going offline now.

Thanks.