Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Have three year old Visio. It has a darker shade band

Customer Question

Have three year old Visio. It has a darker shade band running horizontally through the middle of it. How can I fix this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you please get me the model number written on back of Vizio TV in question and how old it is?

This info will help to troubleshoot an diagnose the issue, do not rate this reply at this time.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # *****
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. This kind of problem occurs due to failure of backlight LEDs inside LCD panel so that particular area looks darker than rest of screen where LEDs are still working and generating bright white backlight.

There is complete LED kit available at following supplier but it would not be an easy work to replace them in LCD panel..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-lc420dug-jfr1-led-strips-10-strips-1-board.htm

LCD panel will take apart for LED stripe replacement and this kind of work should be done by qualified TV tech as any novice attempt mat result of broken LCD panel, you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If you wish to replace LED stripe in panel by yourself then do it at your own risk and I can't help you for that from here through internet, I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.