Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I cannot turn off closed captioning on my tv with the "cc"

Customer Question

I cannot turn off closed captioning on my tv with the "cc" button on the remote. I also unplugged the set for 30 seconds, but it's still on ! How can l turn the cc off ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. Who is your tv channel provider?

2. Do you change channels with your Panasonic tv remote or with the provider's remote?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comcast is my provider, l change channels with my Comcast remote.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

If your getting HD channels with a comcast box, then the captions are turned on/off in the settings of the comcast box, not the tv.

Look for a CC button on the Comcast remote. If you don't see it then there will be a setting in the Comcast SETTINGS MENU, probably under Audio Settings. You will need to poke around in the Comcast SETTINGS MENU to find it. If you cannot find the setting then reply back here with the model number of the Comcast box.

PLEASE, before you go be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,