Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Have an 50" LED RLDED5078A-D which will only display

Customer Question

Have an 50" LED RLDED5078A-D which will only display different colors of full screen. Also cannot shut machine off using on/off switch. Can only shut off by unplugging. Please tell me what to do.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm working on it and get back to you in few minutes, meanwhile can you please recheck TV model number as RLDED5078A-D seems invalid for RCA TV?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Did you get above reply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is ***** Have double checked plus also found this model number on RCA website.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, I got the model number as well and "-D" at end of model number was confusing the database.

Did you use any universal type remote control on this TV as this kind of problem occurs due to wrong command which corrupted the TV firmware (internal software) OR due to EEPROM (memory) chip failure that stores the firmware data and TV goes to color test mode and other buttons on TV or its remote stop working.

I'm afraid the main board of TV will need to be replaced to resolve the problem, please remove the back cover of TV and locate the main board that has all video input jacks on it, there would be label/sticker pasted on board having part number info that can be used to search/ google to get replacement main board price and stock info to order it if you wish to replace it in TV by yourself.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.