Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I cannot turn on the Westinghouse tv with the power button.

Customer Question

I cannot turn on the Westinghouse tv with the power button. Had to cut power off at wall in order to turn it off. Tried to turn it back on....cannot find the on control on the bottom under the power light. help
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Can you get a model number off the back of the TV so that I can look it, and it's controls up please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Usually the power buttons on these Westinghouse sets are located on the right hand side of the TV- lower most or top most button but it depends on model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number UW32S3PW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also a number TW-6990l-u0321T is there but not identified. Serial number is *****
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The power button is a tiny little toggle located underneath the power light- offset to the right. It's also shown on page 11 of the manual below:

http://westinghouseelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/UW32S3PW_UM.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

However if that doesn't work- then there's a different problem altogether, and that would be the Mainboard- which prevented the TV from shutting down with the remote initially. Let me know what you find when you try the power button.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Did the set power up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see a small looks like toggle but it doesn't push either way.
I used to just use the ATT remote power button and it would turn the tv on and off. Moved the tv into another room and use th e Amazon Fire stick on it.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Did you also see the picture in the manual I sent you? That's the power button on the set. So, not sure what you're saying- you used to use the ATT remote, so now what remote do you use?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have always used the remote ATT but the new one doesn't work on it. I did get it turned on last night by running my fingers under the Westinghouse button and don't know how or why it came on.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What new one are you talking about? The Kindle Fire Stick remote? No, that one won't work. Let's try this- do you have the Westinghouse remote? Are you able to see the picture I sent you? There are two ways to turn on the set- the original remote/a remote that's been programmed to the TV, or the power button (touch sensitive button) underneath the power light. Let me know where you're getting stuck specifically please.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't use the phone call feature- the site sends that out. Perhaps someone else will accept it, in the meantime it's late here and I need to go. The question is open for any other experts to see on the board and reply to when able.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don;t have a Westinghouse remote; I turned the tv upside down and saw what I think you are talking about but either I'm not pressing it correctly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't call. I am not satisfied and do not wish to purse it any further with your company.,