Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Sony wega t.v. Model kdf-55e2000. Replaced the lamp. got

Customer Question

sony wega t.v. Model kdf-55e2000. Replaced the lamp. got three red flashes.Open and shut the lamp door. T.V. worked great for 24 hours. Next morning turned the t.v on got three red flashes. Open and closed the lamp door....T.V. worked great for two days. Next morning turned on the t.v. and in 30 seconds, it turned off and got three red flashes. opened and closed the lamp door, t.v turned on and in 30 seconds turned off again. After that only three red flashes...please help me from divorce. It appears that 31 years of marriage does not matter if you cant fix the t.v. Thanks..Tim
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

There are only two things that can cause 3 red blinks the lamp cover (it activates a switch)OR the lamp itself (it also hits a switch in its base) take the lamp out and re-insert the lamp then fit the lamp cover if it continues to be hassle those switches may need replacing or shorting out its not easy doing that, sony did away with the se switches on later sets as they caused too much hassle.

Let me know how this works out

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried removing the lamp and re-setting the door many times before contacting you..... I tried moving the lamp from the working wega t.v. to the non-working t.v.....same three red lights. What is the chances That I could replace the sensors and are they available on line. Is it worth the time, effort, and cost for a t.v. that is eight years old? At This point , wish that I didnt replace the lamp. If I send the t.v. to a repair man, would this repair be cost effective?

OK the first thing to do to eliminate the lamp door is take off the lamp door, you will see a knob on the door now this knob when you put the lamp door on "hits" a switch a very small switch in the lamp cavity, get some good sticky tape an d tape down the switch leave the lamp cover off and note the action of the set is it the same?is it running?

Let me know please

Anthony