Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Have a 42 Inch Visio, maybe 7 years old - wont turn on,

Customer Question

Have a 42 Inch Visio, maybe 7 years old - wont turn on, VIZIO indicator in front white so getting power. Wont turn on with buttons on side either, Serial # *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

Unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix like pressing some buttons. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If you have tools and want to DIY then REPLY back here and I can help you try to narrow down the problem.

If you don't feel comfortable with this kind of thing, you would need to call a repair shop which will end up costing more than a new 42" tv. Honestly if you can't DIY, you should really consider not having this tv repaired and just putting all the money you saved by coming here first into a new tv. Most repair shops charge $99 just for diagnosis!

Regardless of what happens with your tv, please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,