Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I'm working on mother in laws sense F40V87C TV. When you

Customer Question

I'm working on mother in laws hisense F40V87C TV. When you turn it on the Hisense logo moves across the screen and then there is nothing. Power button glows red but nothing happens.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Does the screen stay lit even though there is no picture or turns off completely like when the tv is off ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the tv shuts down
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then this is not a power board or fuse problem , these TV's have had quite a few main board problem and apparently this is another one of them .

Do you have it near you and the back cover removed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it apart awaiting further instructions.I
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can e mail me if you would rather instead of messing with the ;phone
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then there are some 3 versions of main board for this model , if you look at the link below you will see them , take a look and match your main board with one of those and if they don`t have it in stock then let me know which one you have and I will find it for you , here is that link ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+F40V87C+

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

No use for the phone this time , you can see above the link where you will know which main board you need and your answer is the main board defective.

If you need help finding it using the part number supplied at the link above then let me know

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

By the way , you can click on the pictures there to get more details

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you don`t have any questions just now then please do take the time to rate my answer , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that t will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions or need help with that board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only get to see the picture for a second then it is covered by advertisment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Which picture do you mean , on the shopjimmy website ?

That must be the eeprom alternative , just closed that popup and you will see the other one behind

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

o.k

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

By the way , you can zoom that picture a couple times more if you click on it and look at the stickers

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

By the way , the 153893 that is in stock will sub the 153894 if it happens to be yours

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

And finally , the only other version looks quite different so no need to check the part number there , just look at yours and compare

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like part to me,... But you are out of stock and I need to buy another part to replace the one out of stock?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go now will return later , 5 stars so far!!!
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but not following you here , just let me know which board you have ??

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the stars but you need to click on that rating so it will register

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Which of the 3 links is yours ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/hisense-154283-main-board-for-f40v87c.htm

Or this one;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/hisense-153894-main-board-for-f40v87c.htm

Or this one ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/hisense-153893-main-board-for-f40v87c-version-e110315-version-see-description.htm

The last 2 links sub each other so if you have either , they have it in stock , if its the first one then let me know if you need help finding it