Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Sony projection tv model #KP-65WS500 when I turned

Customer Question

I have a Sony projection tv model #KP-65WS500 when I turned it on and the red light in front blinked 3 times(normal) to turn on no picture no sound then blinks 6 times and continues that til I unplugged it What could that be
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

Six blinks is a problem on the A board or B board, but complex diagnosis with a meter is needed. I would suggest you call the repair shop back and tell them something went wrong and need them to come back. Don't offer any details about the issue, just let them come out. Work they do should be covered for some amount of time like 90 days.

Regardless of what happens with your tv, please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,