Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a panasonic tv thats about 8-9 years old. there are 2

Customer Question

I have a panasonic tv thats about 8-9 years old. there are 2 HDMI ports on the back. One is connected to my DIRECT TV...I am trying to connect a ROKU to the other one and its not recognizing it. When I go to INPUT...it shows HMDI 1 RECEIVER, HDMI 2 AND HDMI3 but it skips over 2 and 3. How do I get it to recognize the 2nd HDMI port? and make the ROKU work. I don't want to have to unplug the DIRECT TV and replug in the ROKU everytime I want to watch it
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Older Panasonic sets required you "Name" the Input in order to be able to use it. It's skipping over HDMI 2 because it's assigned to be skipped in the Input setup. Now the tough part is, that without the model number (on the sticker on the back of the TV), that I cannot find you specific instructions on how to "Label" or "Name" the Input. So if you can get me that number I can help there.

Alternatively, if the TV's mounted on a wall- and you don't have access to the back of it (even using a small mirror and a flashlight), then the ONLY other option is to use an HDMI switcher and simply plug the one cable that's going to the back of the set- to the switcher then plug the DirecTv and Roku boxes into the switcher.

I can also provide a link to the switcher.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?