Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

No matter what i do my oppo bdp-95 won't connect or stay

Customer Question

no matter what i do my oppo bdp-95 won't connect or stay connected to the internet so I cannot stream Netflix nor use YouTube
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you using wifi?
Can you try a wired ethernet connection direct ot the route rand see if that helps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using WiFi and no I can't do a wired ethernet connection. Any other ideas? Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything else that is wireless in my house is connecting just fine with no problems. I am only having problems with the OPPO.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't matter what everything else is doing, as the likely cause of this is a failing/faulty wifi adapter inside the player.

If you can relocate it, even just temporarily, to test a wired connection, I believe it would confirm that.

They aren't practical to repair/replace that part, but what you could do as a solution then is to preferably use a hardwired connection long term. Realizing that isn't practical to your situation though, the next best thing is a wired equivalent, such as a powerline ethernet adapter or wifi bridge, which will bypass the faulty wifi: http://amzn.to/1g6bspG

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I will try it and let you know.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,