Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have an insignia 19" DVD/TV combo and a DVD is in it, that

Customer Question

I have an insignia 19" DVD/TV combo and a DVD is in it, that won't play, and won't come out. I've tried unplugging it, trying to take back off, and digging into the DVD slot to fish it out. Nothing works. I've attached a separate DVD player to just leave it in there -- but it keeps power cycling, like it's trying to deal with it, which makes a maddening ongoing noise. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the set side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.