Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

The hotel I am working at have out some aomni TVs but a few

Customer Question

The hotel I am working at have out some aomni TVs but a few of them are locked. How would I go about unlocking them so I can hook them up.
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

Most of these TVs are locked with either 3 or 4 digit codes. So by brute force you could probably unlocked the TV within an hour just by trying all possible combinations. However, that's pretty tedious so let me suggest another way that may work. Even my know that there's no guarantee with this it works on some TVs but not on others. There are 2 things you can try

Unlock and reset the V-chip code on some models by unplugging the television from the power outlet for at least 10 minutes for the memory to reset. This is useful if the code is ever lost. Restoring the power while pressing the "Power" button on the TV will unlock the V-chip on some.