Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 50" RCA TV and it has a wake up setting on the TV,

Customer Question

I have a 50" RCA TV and it has a wake up setting on the TV, which I cannot disable. The television consistently come on and when I try to set the date for one year out the TV reset itself once you turns it off. So each night at a certain time the TV will come back on even when it turned off. This is a big problem...this thing stayed on all weekend when I wasn't at home. How can I disable the wake up setting???
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you.

- Can you please get em the model number off of your RCA TV in question to get related info about that particular TV and to find out how to turn Off timer settings?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LED50B45RQ
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please press Menu on TV remote then go to Setup menu (gear icon) and select All Reset option and press OK to proceed. This will restore TV to default settings and should clear the time and date data as well, then you can leave the Wake Up option blank in Time menu of TV.

If it doesn't fix the issue and problem still persist then I'm afraid it would be failing EEPROM (memory) chip on main board of TV as this chip save TV firmware and settings data, TV would need to either replace EEPROM chip or entire main board to get the problem resolved.

Please reply back with the result of All reset option to proceed further.

Thanks,.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that did not fix the problem. The wake up setting is still on and again cannot be disable
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, as I mentioned in previous reply, If it doesn't fix the issue and problem still persist then I'm afraid it would be failing EEPROM (memory) chip on main board of TV as this chip save TV firmware and settings data, TV would need to either replace EEPROM chip or entire main board to get the problem resolved.

EEPROM chip replacement requires good soldering work on main board with proper tools and expertise to avoid any damage to board and entire main board replacement is easy, don't need any soldering work, please check following board supplier link to get EEPROM chip or main board of TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LED50B45RQ

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.