Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

RCA Model F32674SB

Customer Question

RCA Model F32674SB
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is ***** ***** just saw your post,

We have worked together prior to this .

Don`t have the schematic for this ctc197 chassis but I`ve worked on those more times than I can count or care to count

Won`t be able to go into full details today but we could get started anyway

Correct me if I`m wrong but right now I assume that If this happened after replacing the flyback then that transistor must be the horizontal output ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Q14401 is the horizontal output, Q14801 I believe is in the pin circuit coming of the flyback with R14801,a 1k ohm being on the base is open

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

It was my experience with those chassis that you would get cold solder joints ( especially after working on it) in the horizontal deflection circuit and especially around the horizontal drive and tranfo , don`t inspect them , simply redo them all from the hor.out on down to the jungle ic pretty much.

Finally , there used to be a small electrolytic cap around the horizon drive that would go out of specs and cause the over heating of the hor. out

But again , I definitely suspect that flyback and you may be better off looking for a used ctc197 chassis and borrow its flyback even if its just for a test