Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My vizio 60 inch model # E601i-A3 screen just went black.

Customer Question

My vizio 60 inch model # ***** screen just went black. Had on pause and then would not come on..sound is fine no picture..unplugged and held power button for 30 seconds then plugged in and still no pic..problem and approx. cost to repair..1 1/2 years old..thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. If you press MENU on the Vizio remote, does anything show up on the screen?
2. Who is your tv channel provider?

3. Do you change channels with the Vizio remote or the provider's remote?

4. Is the sound coming from the tv built in speakers or some external sound bar or surround sound?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1-no
2-time Warner other TV are fine
3-providers remote
4-sound from remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sound from tv
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Unplugging the Tv power cord is the only reset, so it does appear the tv will need repair. Generally the cost of in home repairs is:

$100 diagnosis

$100 parts

$150 labor to install the parts

$350 total

That will vary depending on your location and which part is defective. To find a trusted local repair shop enter your zip code at http://tvrepairpros.com

If you are interested in attempting a DIY repair (taking the whole back off the tv and ordering parts), then REPLY back here. I will be happy to help (some electronics experience necessary).

Regardless of what happens with your tv, please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,