Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 2012 Panasonic TC-P55ST50 and the hdmi ports seem

Customer Question

Hi
I have a 2012 Panasonic TC-P55ST50 and the hdmi ports seem to have stopped working. I have several devices plugged and all the inputs say there is no device connected. I tried same device on a different tv and it worked.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you.

Please reply back here so I know you're online to get my messages and we can proceed to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm here
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Nice, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset as first thing, replug back in and check if it helps to get HDMI inputs working again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

We need to try software/ settings related things first so please go to TV Menu then Setup and run First Time Setup to see if it enables the HDMI inputs.

Also check HDMI inputs are not skipped in input label menu of setup of TV menu as skip option will disable the input.

If above suggestions don't fix the issue then try to upgrade TV firmware by going to following Panasonic link..

http://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/TC-P55ST50.html

If TV has already latest firmware or it doesn't fix the issue then I'm afraid it would be HDMI processor chip failure and main board (known as A Board) of TV will be replaced to resolve the problem, please check with following board supplier and ask when they can provide A board as currently it is out of stock.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=TC-P55ST50

or A board part number TXN/A1REUUS (TNPH0989UB) can be used to search to get price and stock info to order it. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.