Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

While watching the plasma TV, the power light remains on but

Customer Question

While watching the plasma TV, the green power light remains on but the content goes off the screen for a few moments and then returns. A separate issue is the TV freezes and must be turned off and turned back on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, in order to isolate the problem- I need to ask you some more questions.

First, when the content goes off the screen for a few moments- are you able to use the original LG remote and pull up the MENU?

Also does the sound continue?

Additionally, "freeze" can mean several things- I need to know if the picture actually freezes on the screen?

Or do you mean the controls have no affect?

What remote are you trying to use that does not work when the screen or controls freeze?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,
Also does the sound continue?
No
The picture actually freezes on the screen but we still get audio.Or do you mean the controls have no affect?
Sometimes you can turn the TV off using the remote and sometimes you must physically turn the TV off at the set.What remote are you trying to use that does not work when the screen or controls freeze? the original remote which came with the tv.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

This is a fault in the mainboard of the TV- this component processes all AV signals, and also the remote commands. The issues you're having indicate that the processor on the mainboard is failing and the board itself needs to be replaced. If you're looking to do this yourself, then you will purchase the board at the link below for your set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-50PB4DT-Main-Board-EBR35912601-EBR35913301-EAX34900601-13-/121420809739