Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a viore tv that originally had a bad power supply

Customer Question

I have a viore tv that originally had a bad power supply replaced it and now I can see menu come up witch is very bad and on left side there is tiny specks in the same area where menu comes up but rest of screen don't light up. The vs & va volts are good
could this be a bad y-sus bd. Thanks Larry
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

What was the original fault BEFORE you replaced the power-board please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tv was dead and the vs volts increased to 130 volts

I am sorry I will need to opt out please await another expert

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack

Perhaps i can help you with this , just send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't to pay $18.00. I tried to send pictures before, but said files was to large had to be 5mb or less my was around 5.7mb. I will not be able to get back with you untill this afternoon. Thanks Larry
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You probably got an automated phone offer , never mind that , wasn`t from me and will be of no use here .

The picture won`t be needed as well

If you replaced your power board , measure your VS and VA and tell me what it gives compared to the panel sticker values ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack vs volts 186v and va is 60 volts both according to the panel volts. Sorry about taking so long getting back to you.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry was out for lunch when you replied .

O.k then this means your power supply voltages are set correctly .

This tv could be named LG and have a model number like 42PC1 or PC3 on the back cover and it would be no different .

Now the problem you described (after making sure those voltages were correct) points directly to the X-sustain , not the Y-sus , check those 2 ceramic fuses on it , one of them may be blown but even if it is not ,that still points to a defective board

I`ve repaired a few hundreds of those for that problem and if the y-sustain is defective which is rare on that model then the tv would not come on at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE REPLACED THE X-SUS BD BEFORE REPLACING THE POWER BD. AND THE TWO FUSES HAD NOT BLOWN ON IT AND WHAT EVER THE VS VOLTAGES INCREASWD TO IT WAS THE SAME ON THE ORGINAL X-SUS BD. HAD LET TV PLAY FOR SEVERAL MINUTES DIDN'T SHUT DOWN BUT NOW I PLAYED A LITTLE LONGER AND IT DID SHUT DOWN BUT WILL COME BACK ON AFTER PRESSING POWER BUTTON.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then i wasn`t aware of that info ( you never mentioned it anywhere) and right now i don`t think i will follow up on this , i would need to be there with meters myself so here it goes , i`m opting out and reposting it , good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I felt the buffer bd. ic's after playing for several minutes but didn't seem hot any of them.