Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an old r a gem star guild plus TV how do I change it

Customer Question

I have an old r a gem star guild plus TV how do I change it from cable to Anya I don't have a remote
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, On this TV changing it to Antenna requires a remote- but that's not the issue, the issue is the TV does not have an HDTV "Tuner"- it's an older analog set so you can't connect an antenna directly to it. On this set and older analog TV's you need a DTV converter box plugged into the TV, and then the antenna plugs in there. You then simply connect the DTV converter box to the coaxial input on the set, and change it to channel 3, then use the DTV box software to scan for available channels through the Antenna. The box you need can be purchased at Radio Shack, Best Buy, Wal Mart or at the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6/ref=sr_1_2?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1441492356&sr=1-2

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?