Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My Haier tv shut off in the middle of a program and I cannot

Customer Question

my Haier tv shut off in the middle of a program and I cannot get it to start. I put new batteries in the remote and checked all the plugs. I also checked the power switch on the side of the tv. help please. I have already given you my visa number.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is the power-light lit or blinking on the front of the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. no red or blue light

Hello

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I have to pay extra for a phone call please don't bother calling me. If what you are telling me about the power board is true then it looks like I need a new TV. And this one is only 2 years old.

Yes you will be charged extra for a phone call the good news is I do not use that facility anyhow its none beneficial, the way it look it probably is, ideally though checks with a meter are needed on the board

I am sorry its nothing easier

Please remember to rate the answer positively as this is the only way I receive credit from the site there will be a rating bar with this post, if you need to come back/change your mind just bookmark the page as the question will not close

Anthony