Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a VIZIO E700i-B3, of course its out of warranty but

Customer Question

I have a VIZIO E700i-B3, of course its out of warranty but it has a faint vertical red line on the left side of the screen. What causes this and can I fix it
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

I wish I didn't have to give you such bad news here. Many times this does end up being a defect in the Display Panel (tv screen). Sometimes replacing the Tcon board can resolve the issue and should be at least tried because replacing the whole screen costs more than a new tv. If you want to try and replace the Tcon board yourself then I can help you with that, just REPLY back here. Otherwise you can find a local authorized repair shop by entering your zip code at tvrepairpros.com If it does end up being a defective Display Panel, you should contact Vizio Customer support and express your extreme dissatisfaction with the product. They may offer you some compensation or help.

Regardless of what happens with your tv, please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,