Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Can you help me get HULUplus app back on my LG blu-ray

Customer Question

Can you help me get HULUplus app back on my LG blu-ray player. I just went away when you updated the site?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, We didn't update anything- this is Just Answer a pay for support site. That said, please reply back with the model number of your LG player so that I can help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model # ***** the blu_ray/DVD player is BP620C
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Please first unplug the LG player from power, then press and hold the power button on the unit itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release. Plug it back in, turn it on and then follow the steps below:

Go to MENU--->Settings---Initialize, then press OK/ENTER to put the unit back to factory defaults. You will then need to setup the player as if it were new.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

These instructions are outlined on page 33 of the manual at the link below:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDUQFjADahUKEwjDkYOX8N7HAhXCGh4KHRomBxU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpdfstream.manualsonline.com%2Fa%2Fa64a5fd0-031a-4c68-a2b7-202d20119b16.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGa0l1W9EhA6Xi2Q7V5rsLA4ltvsA&sig2=3B9p146cnRnFcQDDhVI5xw&bvm=bv.102022582,d.dmo

Once you've reset the player and then set it up again, the apps should be back on screen. Let me know what happens.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does set the player like new mean. Nothing happened when I went to settings. All the app are the same except Hulu is not on there but viewster is. I didn't do anything to the player except hit the button for updates. That's when Hulu went away. Someone somewhere had to get rid up Hulu but it wasn't me.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I saw everything you posted. Scroll up and read my last reply. Those steps are outlined in the manual on page 33 as stated above. Player "like new"- means all the apps that were on the player will be there again. Follow the instructions in the manual that I posted above.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I don't use the phone call feature. Please reply back here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so what do I do now. All the original apps are here except Hulu. I know that something went on because there was a message on the screen (something about at the end of service Hulu would go away) I didn't make any request for that to happen. Why is Hulu the only app to change but not netflix, Pandora Accu Weather etc. How is this going to be solved. I am paying for this which doesn't really make me happy, considering I didn't do anything to the bul-ray player to remove it.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

We again are not LG, this is Just Answer, and we didn't remove the app or initialize the update. You've paid the site a deposit- I have not received any of that and am working of my own time until you rate me positively, so please understand my position as well. That being said, I will take a look into Hulu and see what the issue is besides what we've tried.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142