Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

32HDL51M will no longer power on. Light on monitor no longer

Customer Question

32HDL51M will no longer power on. Light on monitor no longer comes on. What could be the problem? Everything else powers on. Checked power cord and checked to make sure wall plug has power.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, If there are no signs of life on the set at all- then the power supply board has failed and needs to be replaced. This board generates all of the DC voltages in the set and also the power light on the set. The board will appear perfectly the same whether good or bad- so nothing visual will tell you that the board is bad. It can be purchased at the set below for around $55 if you'd like to repair the TV yourself:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/hitachi-pk101v01400-power-supply-unit.htm

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.