Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Have new 50" polariod tv and when turned on with tv remote i

Customer Question

have new 50" polariod tv and when turned on with tv remote i hit channel instead and now can't get tv to go onto channel so cable will come on. Help
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Is there any cable box hooked to TV and do you use cable box remote to change channels?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i turn TV with own remote but once on use cable box remote
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.(###) ###-####isn't model number but seems serial number so please recheck.

Please find Input or Source button (since I don't have your TV model number so not sure verbiage of remote) on TV remote, push it a few times repeatedly to go through video inputs of TV as one should display cable picture on TV.

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive tried that and tv is on correct inbut but channel instead on being03 come up as 3-0 or 04 same thing 4-0
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK< what input is TV on now? does it show any name of that video input?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer shut down for upgrade and I couldn't reply I just kept hitting buttons and somehow tv came on not sure what worked but thanks for your help
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, glad to know that picture is back on TV, all it was required to select correct input on TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.