Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung UN46ES6100FXZA Tv. The screen is black but

Customer Question

I have a Samsung UN46ES6100FXZA Tv. The screen is black but I still get sound. I see no backlights lit and when I shine a flashlight on the screen I can see the picture images. I assumed this would be the power supply board so I replaced it but that did not help. Could it be the main board, the T Con board or possibly the led's themselves and how do I tell which it might be
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

The power-board contains the LED driver circuitry so you did the right thing now there should be a plus minus voltage coming out of the power-board I think around 40 volts and that should be present if it is then its looking like LED array failure and that is not an option in most cases to replace, control of this is via the mainboard but I have yet to come across a mainboard causing this issue.

Sorry for what could be potentially bad news if you have a meter you need to check that those supply voltages are coming out of the power-board you replaced

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Anthony