Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Panasonic tc-p54s1 that will not turn on. I've done

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Panasonic tc-p54s1 that will not turn on. I've done some research and all I've found is to watch to see how many times the red light blinks on the screen which will help determine the cause of the issue. However, the red light comes on ONLY after I unplug the tv from an outlet and then plug it back in. It also does not flash. It just stays on for about 15-20 seconds and turns off again. If I push the power button afterwards no red light will come on. I again have to unplug the tv and plug it back in to see the red light. Any thought as to what the issue could be and what part I may need to replace?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Since there is no red light blink code, the fault is likely with the power supply board inside the TV.

Testing of the output voltages from the board will be required to confirm this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea what the part number would be on the power supply board? This is much different from the SC board, is that correct?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The part number should be marked on the board - it can vary from one set to another.

The power supply board is the one that the power cord connects directly into.