Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Yeah my LG 65LM6200 tv wont turn on but the ready standby

Customer Question

yeah my LG 65LM6200 tv wont turn on but the ready standby light is on
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand the red light being stuck on indicates the Mainboard is stuck in "standby"- and in many cases requires replacement of this board. However in some cases the set may simply be locked up and a reboot may help.

If you have not already, please try the following steps:

Disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you still have the same problem, then please reply back with how long you've owned the set for. If over a year- are you looking to repair the set yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 3 years and the on/off is a sensor not a button does that make a difference. and no i dont plan on doing it myself i plan on having someone do it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it didnt work
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Yes the touch sensitive button is the one you'd use. If the red light stays stuck on, the only other thing you can try on a user level, is to leave the TV unplugged for several hours in the hopes that it resets once plugged back in. If not, then the Mainboard is locked and needs to be replaced. This is the processor for the entire TV and it controls the turn on command. Average cost for this repair at a shop is $300 parts and labor and one can be located at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than sorry, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.