Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a vizio sv420m bought at Walmart 05/10/10. It as been

Customer Question

I have a vizio sv420m bought at Walmart 05/10/10. It as been a great and no trouble til now. I am having tbl with remote controls. If I try to change volumn it will run the vol. to 100. If I try to change channnels it will keep changing until I turn it off. Buttons behind the left side seem to work fine. I have bought a new remote and a generic remote but the same thing happens. I have 3 smaller TVs but no problem with them. walmart saws no there to work on a VIZIO.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Those buttons on the side of the set itself for volume/channel change its these buttons that are the problem OR it could be the remote simply take the batteries out of the remote so its dead if its still doing it the buttons are bad, there is a workaround but it will mean the back of the set coming off you gaining access to the little board behind those buttons and pulling out the lead that feeds the buttons, that will allow you full control of the set again with the remote, the buttons wont work but they are seldom used

Let me know you understand this please

Anthony