Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 73" Mitsubishi DLP t.v., purchased 09/22/09 Model

Customer Question

I have a 73" Mitsubishi DLP t.v., purchased 09/22/09 Model No WD73737 with 5 yr PVNE2 that has hundreds of black & white spots on the screen. Can this be repaired and what would the approximate cost be?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you.

This kind of problem occurs due to failing DLP (DMD) chip mounted on circuit board on light engine as this chip generates an image that projected on TV front screen through light engine and lamp is light source for this projection system.

Replacement of DLP chip will help to resolve the problem, please check following link to view DLP chip image and price info and TV tech may charge $200 plus as labor to get it replaced in TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi-276p595010-dlp-chip-dmd-ic-new-original.htm

You may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.