Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Rca 39lb45rq just powered off by itself and will not

Customer Question

My Rca 39lb45rq just powered off by itself and will not power on at all. No red light, nothing. Please help!(###) ###-####**@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand this is typically due to the power supply board failing, or in some cases the AC cord's been pulled loose from the back of the TV, or surge protector/outlet breaker has tripped.

First please try the following steps and let me know what happens:

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing worked
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay then are you looking to repair the TV yourself- because this is a failed power board in the set.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If so, then you need to swap out your power supply board- since this is the component in the TV that will cause these symptoms when it fails. The board for your set is available at the link below for purchase:

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/rca-39lb45rq-power-supply-board-ipb539a-re46dz1750/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw35-vBRD3qKz8hPezlIIBEiQAOeKNrmTrld1udiXvIWR4tTH3o9-7eQxueBnz7T_lZ5N8wV0aApFg8P8HAQ

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The board is around $40 and change- and can be replaced by yourself with nothing more than a screwdriver. Alternatively, a shop will charge $200 parts and labor for this repair- so if you can remove the back of the TV and replace the board- you'll save close to $160. However if you're not comfortable with this type of repair you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry there's not a quick fix for this, but the power board can be replaced and will have you back up and running again.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The only other thing you can try is leaving the TV unplugged from power for several hours or more in the hopes that the TV is simply locked up and needs to be reset.