Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Just changed my projection lamp. Color is great. Picture is

Customer Question

Just changed my projection lamp. Color is great. Picture is colorful bright again. But I have a light green hazy bar across the top of screen and a light red hazy bar across the bottom.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sony had problems when they designed these sets they overheat and damage the light engine, also not replacing the lamp at the specified time can damage the light engine too here is an article on the whole issue

https://sites.google.com/site/sonylcdrptvproblems/sonyrearprojectionlcdtv-opticalblock

Please click the above

The end result is the light engine is damaged and will need to be replaced estimated cost to do that $500+

I am sorry I do not have better news for you

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit fromthe site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Regards

Anthony

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I do not use the phone call option as I consider it none beneficial for troubleshooting sorry

Please reply back on texxt format if you have queries

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied with your response. And I want a full refund. Satisfaction is supposed to be guaranteed

It may not satisfy you but it is the right and ONLY answer you will ever get off anyone, I have saved you at least $100 because that is what a tech would charge to tell you the same story, I am sorry its something you do not want to hear but I can not magically do anything else ....no one can... the only answer is to have the light engine replaced at considerable cost, now I am just a technician myself on my own time providing you with this moderate fee info I do not receive anything until you rate the answer positively, you can choose to refund yes but please consider I have spent considerable time and effort (and will continue to)to make you understand your problem, I understand your frustration sony lost a class action lawsuit which compensated many for this but that has now lapsed long ago

Anthony

Hopefully you have read the article I sent earlier?that is the blue writing above you clicked it?