Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Panasonic 50530 is getting 'no signal' from all hdmi ports.

Customer Question

Panasonic 50530 is getting 'no signal' from all hdmi ports. I've unplugged everything - no luck
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you give me the full model please?

Do you have anything other than the pc that you can check via hdmi (cable/sat box, dvd, etc)?

Are any of the analog (component/composite) inputs working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Satellite box is the first one noticed not working. Playstation - no. Component - no. I did a reset on the TV but that did not help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming.

I'm not sure what "reset" you've tried,

but can you please power it on, then press and hold the Vol- button on the side and the menu button on the remote, together, for 5+ seconds.

That will do a full factory reset of the tv.

If no change, that would

Unfortunately, indicate an internal hardware defect, meaning a bad main/control board, which is what contains the hdmi ports. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2011 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. Hdmi circuitry is highly susceptible to damage and is easily fried even just by static shock from your body touching the tv, touching the contacts on a hdmi cable, or connecting/disconnecting devices while they are powered. Hdmi failures were common with this particular model as well.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; meaning to replace that board. Unfortunately the part is difficult to find. When it can be found it is over $200 just for the board. You can expect total repair costs to have a tech install it to be around $350 (parts and labor).

With that in mind, it will often make more sense to replace the tv. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $500 range these days.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,