Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have you worked on Samsung DLP led rear projection TVs?

Customer Question

Hi Edward...
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Unfortunately Edward is no longer with us, but I will be glad to assist you.

Can you please tell me the model number off of the back of the Samsung DLP- and also tell me specifically what the problem is that you're having?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HL-S5679W 56 inch DLP with LED light source.
This unit is infamous for bad caps on the power supply board.... went through that issue 3 or 4 years ago.
Now I get a picture with white ghosting/color bands/boxes that roll through the picture... any channel, any input source.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to debug down to the board level and replace the defective board if possible with disturbing the alignment of the optics.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found out on my own that the problem is probably DDR RAM chips going bad on the main digital board.... symptoms all look identical to mine. I ordered a replacement main assembly BP94-02258B since I did not want to try unsoldering and re-soldering 66 pin fine pitch RAM chips.Can I get a refund since you didn't answer my question?