Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I'm not sure who to ask this question to, but I am

Customer Question

I'm not sure who to ask this question to, but I am having problems with the TV/Bluray in my RV. It is a 2006 I just bought used. I installed a brand new tv and bluray in the rv when i bought it. It worked, we had watched a few movies in it. Just a couple
weeks ago I noticed that both would turn on for about 5-10 seconds and then cut out. This would keep happening as long as they are plugged in to the outlet. Everything else electrical is working normal in the camper, even the A/C unit. I did get an extension
cord and try a couple different outlets, nothing seemed to make a difference.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you please tell me the model number of each device?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv is a vizio, but im not home right now to get the model. I think it is not a product issue, but a power issue in the camper. I have them both plugged into the same power strip and they both go out at the same time. If I move them to a different outlet, it does the same thing, with or without the power strip.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to run a power cord from the house direct to the TV tonight and try it again just to make sure. What I don't understand is it work the first couple times i went to use it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well you may have a bad inverter in the rv or a bad switch somewhere and it isn't giving sufficient 120v power.

Your AC likely is running off either DC or 220.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to test it? Everything else works, not just the A/c. Microwave, clocks, radio...
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well if you have a digital multimeter you can probe the hot and neutrals on the outlet to see what voltage you're getting (should be 110-120ish)

I would also try bypassing the power strip.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, i will do. think i will try something else in the outlet also. I did try both items with and without the powerstrip hoping it was that easy, no luck.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for checking, let me know what you find.