Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung 46 inch flat screen television that I have

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 46 inch flat screen television that I have had 8-10 years. When I turn on the tv, the screen is purple. I have to turn it off and on several times until the screen is a normal color. What is causing this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks. I am not home right now, but I will get it when I get home and respond to you tomorrow morning.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, no problem, please take your time and reply back with TV model number to troubleshoot the issue.

Since TV is 8-10 years old then it would have got problem of failing capacitors on power supply board as it was common issue with those TVs sold in year 2005 to 2008, however, TV model number will confirm it.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.