Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My lg tv does not hold commands from remote than a day when

Customer Question

My lg tv does not hold commands from remote for more than a day when i unplug it, all functions will work, but in a day or so it reverts back to not holding commands, like pause, etc. One time the screen became white and nothing worked until I unplugged it, what seems to be the problem?
Walt
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?

3. Are you using the original LG tv remote, or maybe a cable box or satellite box remote?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LG 55 LM 4600
had TV little over a year
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Are you using the original LG tv remote, or maybe a cable box or satellite box remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using cable remote, when TV went to white screen, or original remote also did not respond, everything seems to reset itself when unplugged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cable box is working on all other sets when this occurs
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Seems like there is an issue with the Main board in the tv. It may need repair (replace the Main board), but you could try a Software update first. You can find the instructions and files on the following LG website:

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-55LM4600#softwareFirmware

If you need assistance with the update just reply back here. And if the tv still has an issue then I can also help you with replacing the main board if that is something you want to tackle (involves removing the whole back off the tv, ordering the part, installing into tv). Otherwise I would suggest contacting an LG authorized repair shop, enter your zip code at tvrepairpros.com

Regardless of what you decide to do with the tv, please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING before you go. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turned out to be the cable box, thanks
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if when it happens again. I will be glad to help.