Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Kindle fell from chair, now no reception, a few lines on

Customer Question

Kindle fell from chair, now no reception, a few lines on half of the screen.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Note that this reset cannot fix underlying hardware damage. If there is actual physical trauma to the screen causing the lines, that is a different issue.

Let me know how the above works, as well as the model and age of your kindle to proceed further, please.