Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

TV WONT SHOW SOUND OR PICTURE. I HAVE NO REMOTE 57F500A REAR

Customer Question

TV WONT SHOW SOUND OR PICTURE. I HAVE NO REMOTE FOR THIS 57F500A REAR PROJECTION. IT WOULD RUN FOR 3 HRS THEN SHUT-OFF SO I WENT TO FRONT OF TV MENU SETTINGS AND SET EVENT TIMER. WORKED FINE NEXT DAY FOR 30 MINS THEN SHUT OFF. NOW WHEN I PRESS POWER BUTTON IT LIGHTS UP INSIDE BUT NO PICTURE OR SOUND. COULD I HAVE LOCKED MYSELF OUT AND IF SO HOW DO I FIX THIS.?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand- NO, there is no way you could have locked yourself out, and the initial symptoms (running for 3 hours, or 30 minutes then shutting off), indicate a hardware issue within the TV.

Can you please tell me exactly what the power light on the front of the set is doing when you press the power button to turn the set on? Is it lit steadily, blinking, etc.?

Also what specifically "lights up inside"- the back of the TV, or the power button itself?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?