Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My lg plasma had a tinge over the entire screen. When

Customer Question

My lg plasma had a green tinge over the entire screen. When watching a usb or antenna but not Foxtel?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please tell me how long you've owned the set for and when this problem occurred?

Also, what connection on the TV is the Foxtel box plugged into (Scart, HDMI, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Set is probably 6 years old, it is in the games room for kids. It started occurring about a week ago. Foxtel is connected via the red yellow and white plugs and works fine. PlayStation is on hdmi and works fine. It only occurred on the antenna input
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. If it only occurs with the Antenna Input- there's no settings or adjustments for this- it's either a hardware fault in the Tuner of the TV itself, or possible an RF amplifier/booster is in-line and injecting too much DC into the signal. Is this simply a direct aerial/antenna connection with no additional amplifier/boosters in line? Also was this issue there previously with the antenna- or is this the first time using the set with the antenna?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If there's no booster or splitter in the aerial mix, then as a quick test have you been able to try the antenna on another TV to determine if the problem is with the aerial itself- or this TV's tuner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is simple directional antenna. I have tried it in another room and the result is the same. It some times come up with a split screen saying dx off and dx on. The offside also appears fine
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, back up a bit- you've tried the antenna in another room and the result was a green tinge?

Or you tried the TV in another room on another antenna and had the same green tinge?

Please elaborate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried the TV in another room on another output
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same antenna. Other TV in other room works fine
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, and the green tinge followed the TV correct? If so, this is a fault in the TV- and not something that can be adjusted out with any settings. The green hue is a fault on the Tuner which is integral to the Mainbord in the set. To fix this on a hardware level, you would need to replace the Mainboard (which is on average a $250 repair at a shop). However there is a workaround which is much more cost effective and that is to purchase an external Antenna tuner box- and simply bypass the TV's coaxial port- connecting the tuner to the Scart, or AV Inputs on the back of the set (which do not generate this green hue/tint). That is what I would personally suggest given the cost of repairing this set and it would effectively remove the green tint when viewing from the antenna.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

A box such as the one at the link below would work for this, and you can then simply connect it to the TV using the AV jacks on the back of the set:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quality-Digital-satellite-Receiver-Wholesale/dp/B010WUV04C/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1441056120&sr=8-9&keywords=antenna+tuner+box+av

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.