Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

After I turn my tv on and see the lg on the screen it goes

Customer Question

After I turn my tv on and see the lg on the screen it goes black
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You already have one open question that I've responded to. Can you please go back to that one- and don't post any more duplicates? You're charged for each duplicate you post- and I am trying to close this one for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I fix it
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I asked some specific questions.

First- does the TV still have sound?

2) Does it turn on and off with the remote- can you pull up the MENU?

3) What color is the power light?

4) Were there any storms or power outages prior to this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tv works the picture is very dark when I get on the menu to dark to read I want to go to factory defalt settings
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Factory defaults is going to do not a thing for you if the MENU itself is even too dark to read. You haven't replied back to much of what I asked? I need to know if the sound is working?

Since the MENU itself is too dark to read (the MENU supersedes ALL settings and adjustments- including the reset), then this mean the BACKLIGHTS are not receiving full voltage and the power board/LED board needs to be replaced- so that is the fix there- not any pushbutton options.

That's why I need you to reply back to exactly what's asked. And let me know if you're comfortable removing the back of the set (since that is the only way you will fix this if the MENU is dark).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Power Supply/LED board is $40. That's the fix if the TV's MENU is too dark to read. This board is below:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-eay62810701-power-supply-unit.htm

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If the MENU appears fine, then the problem is related to something else, but I need you to reply back to that effect in order to determine that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the sound works when I first turn it on . The The brightness is on at first then goes black. If the part the problem I can fix it my self
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

So the sound cuts out as well correct?

After the LG logo, when screen goes black- are you able to see a faint DIMLY lit image of the MENU if you press MENU?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sound is fine and I can take back off give me a minute to do so
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Don't take the back off- you're jumping the gun.

Reply back to what I asked above if you're looking to find out the root cause. Removing the back isn't going to tell us anything.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What I need to know is this:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iam have a hard time reading it. To check if the brightness is turned way down
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Then you need to replace the power/led board which is the part I had posted above. It's a plug and play board ad it powers the lighting in the screen. If the lighting is dim to the point where you can "almost" see what's showing in the MENU- then that is the board you need to replace.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?