Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

After a power outage, my vizio 55" tv justs clicks

Customer Question

after a power outage, my vizio 55" tv justs clicks
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

This means there is a damaged Main board in the tv, and it's possible the electrical surge propagated to other boards as well. It's not going to be as simple as a fuse in this case because the tv does make clicking noises. If you have previous experience with a meter and want to open then tv, order parts, install them into the tv, then reply back here and I can help you with that. Otherwise having a tv repaired by a shop is usually not worth it considering the cost of a new tv's.

Regardless of what you decide to do with the tv, please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING before you go. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,